Open Very Carefully: children will love this book with bite!
We have again been commissioned to deliver storytelling events in libraries across Kent, and we’re especially excited as this year’s book is Open Very Carefully which is one of our favourites. These free events are part of Kent Libraries, Registration and Archives commitment to the annual Booktime programme.
What would you do if you were settling down for a quiet bedtime story and you realised that a crocodile had fallen into your book and was – not to put too fine a point on it – furious?
Booktime is a national free-books programme for Reception-aged children in England and Wales. The charity, Booktrust, provides children with a pack containing two books to share with parents/carers and family, with additional guidance on shared reading for parents. Games, resources and supporting materials are also included.
Come and join us:
As well as listening to the story of the crotchety crocodile being read aloud, children will sing songs, meet puppets, join in with performance and sensory storytelling, and make fun crafts to take home:
- Mon 26 Oct, 10:00am, Hythe Library
- Mon 26 Oct, 2:30pm, Gravesend Library
- Tues 27 Oct, 10:00am, Ramsgate Library
- Weds 28 Oct, 10:00am, Deal Library
- Weds 28 Oct, 2:15pm, Staplehurst Library
- Thurs 29 Oct, 10:00, Faversham Library
- Thurs 29 Oct, 2:15pm, Paddock Wood Library
- Fri 30 Oct, 10:00am, Ashford Library
- Fri 30 Oct, 2:30pm, Swanley Library
For more information speak to library staff or call 03000 41 31 31.